Regarded as one of the most extraordinary homes in Montclair, this Empire Victorian offers a seamless blend of the gracious style of a bygone era with contemporary amenities.
Situated on over one acre of land, the property boasts weeping cherry trees, beautiful gardens, a bluestone patio, large covered front porch, and lighted sports court. The home’s exterior seems to have been carefully maintained as the details on the façade and the original mansard roof look pristine in photos.
With seven bedrooms and 4.5 baths, each room is distinct from the other, but the general details remain the same — high ceilings, inlaid hardwood floors, intricate molding, custom woodwork, over-sized windows, and unique light fixtures throughout.
Recent renovations included the kitchen which is open to the great room with a cathedral-style ceiling. New bathrooms and laundry, HVAC, hot tub, built-in generator, and sprinkler system round out the amenities.
The home, located at 176 South Mountain Avenue, is asking $1,899,000.
Listing: 176 South Mountain Avenue [Zillow]
More remarkable listings:
- Remarkable Second Empire Home Comes to Market in Ridgewood
- Rittenhouse Family’s Summer Home in Frenchtown Hits the Market
- Outstanding Two-Story Library Tucked Away in 1928 Montclair Tudor Mansion
- Adirondack-Style Exterior Meets Bright Interiors in Englewood’s East Hill
- 8-Bedroom Historic “Hollybush” Victorian Mansion Asks $500,000