Jersey Digs is Hiring!
We’re looking for experienced and creative freelancer writers to add to our team – we are hiring for both longer-form SEO content as well as short-form news articles. The position will help establish the site’s tone and content by writing about the most interesting and relevant news and information all over New Jersey – with a focus on North and Central New Jersey.
The ideal candidate should have writing experience, great interpersonal skills, and be able to figure out what stories will have the biggest impact on our area and audience.
- Create and curate engaging and interesting content for the cities we cover. Decide how these stories will best resonate with our users.
- Pitch, report and write compelling original stories that are unique. There will be the occasional rewriting of press releases but the majority of the work will be centered on original content.
- At least 2 years of experience as a reporter or freelance writer.
- Extensive pitching experience. We will assign topics as they come, but also rely on our writers to pitch stories they’re interested in and will do well with our audience.
- A schedule that allows the ability to produce same-day or next-day stories when required.
- Self starter/motivator.
- A positive and professional attitude.
If you think you’re a great fit, we’d love to speak with you further about the opportunity.
This is a paid freelance writing gig. Ideally, we’re looking for people who could write on a regular, long-term basis.
Email resumes/writing samples to [email protected]