Jersey Digs is Hiring!
We’re looking for an experienced, creative professional to work as a general assignment curator/writer. The position will help establish the site’s tone and content by writing about the most interesting and relevant news and information in North Jersey, with a focus on Jersey City, Hoboken, Newark, Union City, Weehawken, and West New York.
We are looking for a reporter who can solve problems and think outside the box. You should have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to figure out what stories will have the biggest impact on the city and our audience.
- Create and curate engaging and interesting content for the cities we cover. Decide how these stories will best resonate with our users.
- Pitch, report and write compelling original stories that are unique. There will be the occasional rewriting of press releases but the majority of the work will be centered on original content.
- At least 2 years of experience as a reporter or freelancer for a news outlet or similar field.
- Extensive pitching experience. We will assign topics as they come, but rely heavily on our writers to pitch stories they’re interested in and will do well with our audience.
- A schedule that allows the ability to produce same-day or next-day stories when required.
- Self starter/motivator.
- A positive and professional attitude. You will be reaching out to people as a face of Jersey Digs. It’s important that you represent us well.
If you think you’re a great fit, we’d love to speak with you further about the opportunity.
This is a paid freelance writing gig. Ideally, we’re looking for people who could write on a regular, long-term basis.
Email resumes/writing samples to [email protected]