53-Unit Mixed-Use Development Could Replace Former Bank in Millburn

0
Wells Fargo 397 Millburn Avenue Millburn
Wells Fargo at 397 Millburn Avenue in Millburn could be demolished to make way for a new development. Image via Google Maps/Street View.

A building in Millburn has been used by multiple financial institutions over the years, from First Fidelity Bank to Wachovia to most recently Wells Fargo, but the days of this property at 397 Millburn Avenue being used as a bank might be coming to an end.

Beahive Properties, LLC is scheduled to appear before the Millburn Planning Board this Wednesday, November 4 in connection with its proposal for this tract and the parking lot at neighboring 160 Spring Street. The premises are situated on the western edge of Millburn’s downtown not far from Millburn High School and one of the township’s two train stations.

397 Millburn Avenue Millburn Rendering
Elevation of the proposed project. Image courtesy of Minno Wasko.

The company’s application associates the developer with MRY Associates and states that a mixed-use building with 53 apartments, 3,000 square feet of retail space, and 97 parking spaces is envisioned. The application says that the “project is fully conforming” and will not require variance relief, though the applicant is seeking preliminary and final major site plan approval.

397 Millburn Avenue Millburn Development
Image courtesy of Minno Wasko.

An environmental impact assessment statement for the project from Casey & Keller, Inc. listed a Broward County, Florida address for Beahive Properties, LLC and noted that there would be “eight affordable units” in the development along with a second floor “amenity courtyard,” clubhouse, private event room, and fitness room.

A dozen units would include one bedroom while 39 would contain two bedrooms. The building’s two three-bedroom apartments would be designated as “affordable,” according to the statement.

The ownership disclosure for Beahive Properties, LLC shows that the Mariana Kaupp Trust holds 45 percent interest in the company while the remaining 55 percent interest is split in half between the Carl B. Kaupp, III Trust and the Jennifer C. Aguilar Trust.

Wednesday’s meeting will be held over Zoom and is slated to begin at 7:00 p.m.

Note to readers: The dates that applications are scheduled to be heard by the Millburn Planning Board and other commissions are subject to change.

Related:

--

Have something to add to this story? Email [email protected].

Click here to sign up for Jersey Digs' free emails and news alerts. Stay up-to-date by following Jersey Digs on Twitter and Instagram, and liking us on Facebook.

No posts to display

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here