A symbol of Newark’s past is becoming a part of its future as an industrial facility in one of the city’s most dense neighborhoods is being converted into residential use.
Built in the 1850s, 109 Sussex Street was originally home to a 'universally esteemed' NYC grocer. Now, after years of neglect, the home has been returned to its former glory.
The Heights neighborhood in Jersey City has retained its neighborhood feel, with historic homes, tree-lined streets, and art everywhere.
The Gilded Era estate is now owned by Essex County and is open for tours and events on the grounds.
With the development of Journal Square beginning to take shape, the community of Bergen Square finds itself in an ideal position to reap the benefits of residual growth.
In commemoration of their 30th anniversary, the museum is reaching “deep into its collections archive” to decorate the Hoboken Elks Lodge in a 19th-century style for their upcoming spring fundraising gala on Saturday, May 14th.
Part two of our series looking at the history behind some more of Newark’s notable fading signs.
The recently rebuilt waterfront estate will be included in an upcoming holiday house tour.
When it opened in 1928, The Stanley Theater in Journal Square was one of the greatest old movie palaces and the second-largest on the East Coast, next to Radio City. After years of neglect, the theater was purchased by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society who transformed it into a prized house of worship.
Steeped in historical details, and now restored to its former glory, this Mercer Street townhouse was home to Jersey City's most influential residents.