Newark Could Sell City Property to Make Way for 67-Unit Project

0
451 459 West Market Street Newark To Be Sold
451-459 West Market Street, Newark. Image via Google Maps/Street View.

Three adjacent properties under municipal ownership in Newark’s West Ward could be sold to a developer.

A proposed resolution shows that the City of Newark is planning to transfer 437-443 and 451-459 West Market Street along with 16 North 6th Street in the West Ward to Tritop Realty, LLC through a $140,400 private sale.

Newark’s Community and Economic Development Dedicated Trust Fund would receive 90 percent of the sale proceeds while the remaining 10 percent would go to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund.

The tracts have an assessed value of $362,900, according to the proposed resolution. Part of the site has long sat vacant, while another portion previously contained a commercial building that has since fallen into disrepair.

The draft legislation indicates that Tritop Realty, LLC, which is using the same address in Hackensack as the Ofeck & Heinze, LLP law firm, is planning a mixed-use project with ground floor commercial space and 67 residential units.

This proposed resolution was initially scheduled to be up for approval on October 21, but the Newark Legislative Research Center lists its status as “held in council.”

Related:

--

Have something to add to this story? Email [email protected].

Click here to sign up for Jersey Digs' free emails and news alerts. Stay up-to-date by following Jersey Digs on Twitter and Instagram, and liking us on Facebook.

No posts to display

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here