UPDATE: Due to the incoming blizzard, the Summit has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 31st.
A “who’s who” of Jersey City stakeholders, representing areas as diverse as art, technology, sustainability, education, medicine, and entrepreneurship, will come together to discuss the present and future of the city at the Jersey City Summit on Economic Development, Placemaking & Innovation. It all happens this Wednesday, March 15th, at the Mac Mahon Student Center at Saint Peter’s University.
On the agenda is a series of eight 45-minute panels, each tackling a topic of intense local interest. Here’s what you can expect:
- Sustainability, 8:25 am: The role of sustainability in economic development, and green programs intended to protect and beautify the city, will be discussed.
- Transportation, 9:10 am: Learn how smart growth strategies, incentives, and infrastructure improvements are keeping JC ahead of traffic.
- Public & Open Spaces, 10:20 am: Parks and open spaces make a big impact on livability, and have been at the center of recent redevelopment projects.
- STEM Education & Centers, 11:00 am: Learn how JC’s schools, institutions, and private partners are grooming the next generation with Science, Technology, Education, and Mathematics.
- Special Improvement Districts, 1:00 pm: Dive into the innovative, collaborative approaches neighborhoods and districts are taking to make improvements and drive business.
- Entrepreneurship, 1:40 pm: Discover how Jersey City entrepreneurs are putting ideas into action, along with the incubators and accelerators making it happen.
- Arts, Culture & Spaces, 2:45 pm: Explore how JC’s burgeoning arts ecosystem has sparked neighborhood redevelopment, community engagement, sand citywide growth.
- Creative, Cultural, & Entrepreneurial Gatherings: Find out about the social gatherings that are driving business development and accelerating neighborhood revitalization.
Early registration pricing is open until March 13th. For more details and tickets, visit developingjersey.city.