This fieldstone home is located in Princeton, just a 15-minute walk from the quaint but busy downtown and Princeton University. Described as a Normandy manor masterpiece, the home was designed in 1925 by Ernest Flagg. Flagg was a celebrated American Architect known for his work in the Beaux-Arts style. Additionally, Flagg was an advocate for urban reform and architecture’s social responsibility.
The six-bedroom, eight-bathroom home shows no signs of its age, in large part thanks to the restoration done by Grant Homes — a custom home builder in Mendham. Although the home has been generally updated, the original essence remains evident throughout.
The home, at 9,000 square feet, features a fireside billiards room and a beamed great room that opens up onto a bluestone patio through a trio of French doors.
However, one of the home’s most notable rooms includes the den, a linear space that features wood-paneled vaulted ceilings with stone arches delineating the large room. The focal point of the den is the fireplace at the end, framed by an arch, and highlighted by the six-foot copper sheathed mantel.
One side of the home fronts the street, at either end of the façade the stone detail continues in the form of a wall, enclosing the driveway, garage/carriage house, and providing privacy for the patio and the well-maintained grounds.
Characterized as urban estate living at its most sublime, this Princeton home offers residents both charm and luxury.
The home, located at 75 Cleveland Lane, is asking $3,995,000.
Listing: 75 Cleveland Lane [Zillow]