This post is all about luxury hotels at the Jersey Shore.
There are plenty of Jersey Shore hotels, but very few offer true luxury amenities.
Most shoregoers think of beach hotels as a place to sleep and stow their luggage between shore activities. But there are a few gems along the New Jersey shoreline that bring world-class accommodations to the Garden State’s beaches.
Do you want private beach access? What about an on-premise spa or modern fitness center? What could be better than sipping a premium cocktail in a private heated pool, then booking dinner reservations with your personal concierge?
Yes, you can visit the Jersey Shore and have all this. You just need to know where to look to find Jersey Shore luxury hotels.
From Asbury Park to Stone Harbor, Wildwood Crest to Cape May, here are 6 truly luxurious hotels you’ll find “down the shore”.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. See our full disclaimer here.
ICONA Diamond Beach
9701 Atlantic Ave. Wildwood Crest, NJ // 609.551.0102
Perhaps the most luxurious Jersey Shore hotel, ICONA Diamond Beach is a year-round property located on one of NJ’s only private beaches. Guests at this Wildwood Crest retreat can expect a tranquil, full-service experience.
Each room at this boutique hotel is plush, clean and soothing. Choose from their signature Double Suite, premium Poolside King Studio, or the brand new Penthouse King Suites. The 542 square foot penthouse suites boast 9.5′ ceilings, coastal artwork, and state of the art tech and amenities. Penthouse bathrooms feature granite countertops, Carrera marble floors, and rainfall shower head.
Luxury is accessible to everyone at ICONA Diamond Beach. The hotel features ADA accessible suites of varying styles. Guests with special accessibility needs can enjoy everything from a signature double studio to a penthouse suite in style.
Step outside to the outdoor heated pool and enjoy poolside food and beverage service from 11 am — 9 pm. If you forgot something at home, check the ICONA pantry for snacks, toiletries, beer, wine and souvenirs.
There’s no lack of elite dining options at ICONA Diamond Beach. Coastal Blue offers a modern spin on traditional American fare with fresh, locally-sourced produce. After your meal, enjoy a premium frozen cocktail at Star Beach Bar — check the event calendar for live music and events.
- Coastal Blue Oceanside Bar & Grill, an exceptional contemporary American restaurant
- Private beach club with lifeguards on seasonal duty
- Dedicated beach attendants set up your umbrella, beach chair and accessories
- New penthouse suites with Carrera marble bathroom floors, 9.5′ ceilings and custom artwork
- Private balconies with Atlantic Ocean and poolside views in select suites
- Exceptional variety of ADA accessible suites, studios and penthouse suites
The Reeds at Shelter Haven
9601 3rd Ave, Stone Harbor, NJ // 609.368.0100
New Jersey residents regard Stone Harbor as one of the state’s most exclusive, beautiful shore points. The Reeds at Shelter Haven fits in perfectly, with boutique hotel accommodations designed to create a waterside retreat.
The rooms at The Reeds are beautifully — and uniquely — decorated. Choose from 7 suite styles, from the quaint Junior Suite to the opulent Skye Suite. Suites come with varying (and lovely) views of Stone Harbor’s bay and are appointed with premium amenities like a fireplace and kitchens of various sizes.
We could write a full article about the Skye Suite. It offers two balconies with glorious bay views, a full chef’s kitchen, separate living room, dining room and den. It offers a master bedroom with a king size bed and private bath, and a 2nd queen size bedroom. The dining table seats ten, and you can reserve a private chef for a personalized in-room dinner party.
No trip to The Reeds is complete unless you visit Salt Spa. Enjoy luxury spa treatments like massage, floatation therapy, Himalayan salt treatments and Moroccan hammam cleansing. Then, pamper yourself with salon-quality hair, nail and makeup specialists — or work out at the spa’s private fitness center.
Food and drink options are varied and excellent. Try Water Star Grille on the bay for a more upscale experience, or take in a fireside meal at Sax at the Reeds. For a fun and vibrant experience, choose Buckets Margarita Bar & Cantina for taqueria fare served up with flair.
- Salt Spa at The Reeds offers luxury spa treatments and private fitness center
- Beach Butler service, providing amenities and drink service to guests at the beach
- Roof Garden Sundeck with plunge pool, hot tub, complimentary towels and furnishings
- Professional concierge service within the premises
- Exclusive boat docking for guests on Shelter Haven Basin
- Multiple dining and bar options, including Water Star Grille and Sax at the Reeds
Asbury Ocean Club Hotel
1101 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park, NJ // 732.481.0706
Asbury Ocean Club Hotel brings a pop of urban sophistication to the Jersey Shore. Choose from 13 different room styles, each blending New York chic with coastal living. Choose from 4 room views — ocean, dunes, city and poolside. Try the Dune Loft Suite, with a private outdoor terrace overlooking the property’s landscaped dune garden.
The centerpiece of the Asbury Ocean Club is The Drawing Room. It’s an architectural stunner that appears to “float” on a reflection pool’s surface. It’s a dreamy retreat where guests can enjoy food, a bar, music, or simply relax and draw inspiration. The Drawing Room offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and occasional late-night bar options.
After a meal in The Drawing Room, escape to the pool and garden terrace. Step through a beautiful pergola onto the pool deck, where you can relax among trees, green plants and oversized picnic blankets. The Terrace has an ocean view from poolside, and guests can enjoy locally sourced food and fresh juice-infused cocktails.
The Ocean Club Spa features unique fitness center amenities, including a yoga room with private meditation terrace. The fitness area itself offers ocean views. The spa offers multiple massage options and sea-inspired facials and masks.
- The Drawing Room, a “floating glass house” with food menu, bar and music
- The pool and garden terrace, with live trees, ocean view, fresh juices and cocktails
- The Ocean Club Spa, offering 5 unique massage options and 6 sea-inspired facial treatments
- Fitness center with dedicated yoga studio and meditation terrace
- Urban-transitional inspired room design with 4 options for room views
- Various room amenities, including private terrace, walk-in rain showers, and floor-to-ceiling windows
Wave Resort & Spa
110 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ // 732.612.9283
There isn’t a bad view from any Wave Resort hotel room. Choose to overlook the Atlantic Ocean or Long Branch’s famed Pier Village from your own personal terrace. Every room is furnished with a 55-inch flat screen TV with Chromecast capabilities, wireless Bluetooth speaker and complimentary WiFi. All guests can enjoy complimentary in-room Nespresso coffee, Bamford toiletries and bathrobes.
The 2nd story Wave Spa offers an excellent array of options. Choose from 5 massage styles, multiple sea scrubs and body wrap treatments. The property’s fitness center provides updated equipment with oceanfront poolside views.
Take in gorgeous coastal views from the hotel’s oceanfront pool deck. Take a dip and float over to its swim-up bar, where you can enjoy a cocktail in the pool. This particular amenity makes Wave Resort one of the best Jersey Shore hotels for couples.
Wave Resort has your dining needs covered. It offers a fleet of restaurants on premises, as well as the Boardwalk Coffee shop. Try Branch Cantina for Mexican fare, LBK Grill for kosher-style seasonal plates, or MAYA for excellent Mediterranean fare.
- Multiple dining options, including the new MAYA Mediterranean restaurant
- Oceanfront deluxe suites with private terraces and premium linens
- Personalized concierge service, from beach towels to dinner reservations
- On-site fitness center and Wave Spa
- Oceanfront pool deck with food and cocktail service
- Free beach cruiser bicycles for guests to enjoy Long Branch and Pier Village
The Water Club at Borgata
1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ // 609.317.1000
The Water Club at Borgata Hotel Casino offers fine hospitality and luxury amenities in Atlantic City. This 43-story, $400 million hotel offers direct access to Borgata, but its approach couldn’t be more different.
The Water Club is far more tranquil than its neighbor. Unlike the glitz and nightlife of Borgata, The Water Club’s motif centers around earth tones, fresh plants and running water. This begins with their 5 indoor and outdoor heated pools, each with its own design elements. The pools are designed for adults, with poolside bars available.
A two-story spa offers breathtaking views from the 32nd floor. The Immersion Spa offers an infinity pool and a modern fitness center that rivals most small gyms. After your spa retreat, indulge in shopping at stores like Hugo Boss, Capri and Cavalli.
Rooms in The Water Club hotel are far nicer than at the neighboring Borgata. In-room amenities include a Keurig coffee maker, Apple device charging station and a comfortable work station and desk. Bathrooms feature walk-in glass door showers.
- 5 heated pools tailored to adult users, with poolside bars
- 2-story Immersion Spa with full fitness center and infinity pool
- Room service menu by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian
- Designer shopping
- Sunroom Lounge serving tapas, coffee and cocktails
- Free local beach shuttle (summer months only)
Bonus Luxury Jersey Shore Micro-Retreat:
Lokal Hotel — Cape May
5 Stockton Pl, Cape May, NJ // 609.536.9157
If you want the luxury experience coupled with blissful privacy, Lokal Hotel in Cape May is ideal. The Lokal micro beach resort features eight apartment-style hotel rooms, two studios and two 2-bedroom units.
Each room boasts a full kitchen with refrigerator, cooktop and full island with bar seating. There is a spacious entertainment area with couch seating, shelving and storage. 2-bedroom units feature a king size master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and a second full bathroom off the hall. Each room also includes full bar tools and serving tray.
Step outside your apartment and onto your room’s private outdoor area, which features a table, chairs and lounge seating. You can mingle with other guests at Lokal’s heated salt water outdoor pool. Take advantage of their outdoor cooking area with a fully-stocked grilling station.
The staff at Lokal Cape May is prepared to meet every vacation need — so pack light. The micro-resort offers mobile beach kits stocked with Yeti coolers and mugs, beach towels, beach toys and games. You’ll enjoy umbrellas and lounge chairs via their personal beach service, as well as outdoor games on premises.
- Private, heated salt water pool
- Private outdoor cooking area with grilling station (charcoal and utensils stocked)
- Pre-packed mobile beach kits with Yeti coolers, beach towels, games and more
- Personal beach service with custom lounge chairs and umbrellas
- Private outdoor areas for each room
Experience Luxury Hotels at the Jersey Shore
You don’t have to leave the Garden State to find a luxury beachfront hotel. These 6 stunning properties prove that the Jersey Shore can definitely deliver style.
With several of these properties less than 90 minutes from New York City, a 5-star beach getaway is closer than you’d imagine. Where will your next luxury Jersey Shore vacation take you?