An Inside Look At The Stanley Theater’s Celestial Restoration

When it opened in 1928, The Stanley Theater in Journal Square was one of the greatest old movie palaces and the second-largest on the East Coast, next to Radio City. After years of neglect, the theater was purchased by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society who transformed it into a prized house of worship.